Monday, September 19, 2005

Patience:
I've always received hints that i'm a rather impatient person. Like when i'm in a rush, I say "excuse me" in a very callous way, as if i've said it a few times and my plea hasn't been heard. But from my point of view, i'm in a rush! For goodness sake, I would really appreciate if I can save whatever time I have, the last thing I need would be you blocking my path on a crowded road because you are chatting on the phone. Then if I whisper "excuse me" I dun think you'll hear. So to save all my whispering effort, I just say it, in a more audible volume. Then I come across as rude..... But hey, who was the one who bothered to say excuse me instead of pushing my way through? Who was the one strolling on a busy road?

Yesterday, my mom had a function to attend, so I had to take care of dinner. So I took the chance to prepare a western meal for my siblings. I had only 45mins to drive to the shopping centre, park, buy, pay, drive back...so naturally I wanted everything to be done as fast as possible right?

As I was going at fast speed down the rows, a group of kids were playing catching at the intersection. I told them to excuse me, then their mom came over in a strict tone saying, you must be patient with them, they are children. Then I thought, i'm one too! And more importantly, i'm in a rush so I was short of telling the woman to bring her children to play catching at the PLAYGROUND!!!

Subsequently, many things happened according to murphy's law. Things like, the supermarket ran out of lettuce, the driver in the car in front of me was talking on the phone, thus his car was stridling 2 lanes, including the right most lane.. Then we were taken over by a Kancil, the smallest Proton car, which implicitly means its very slow. Then the driver suddenly opened his door, while driving, to tighten his door. At the junction, we had to wait for an old lady to drive cross before we could go (gap between her and next car not enough for 2 cars to cross simultaneously). Of course all this happened while the clovk was ticking away.

No comments: