Wednesday, September 21, 2005

In an attempt to justify the money I spent on the black eyed peas concert, I must blog about them to further make a memory of it.

To start off, you see the roads to the indoor stadium slowly lighting up by the headlights of taxis. Then you see a sea of people holding cups of Tiger beer, Heineken and Jack Daniels queueing up to move into the stadium. After that you enter this cycle of drinking, queueing for toilets and peeing, while waiting for the concert to start.

There was also a beat-box competition, which this 15-year-old boy won due to his wittiness and successful incorporation of monkey noises into his routine. It was, after all, a monkey business world tour concert.

the long wait for the concert to start paid off when Fergie finally appeared, with the rest of the band, and showed us her butt shaking skills. It was,undoubtedly, better than what I can remember from Beyonce. They started with Hey Mama, and after that the crowd basically went crazy screaming and dancing. The Peas really made the concert interactive and proved their stuff. Me thinkst Fergie can sing in the stadium, without a microphone. Her voice is SO powerful!!

It was the second concert i've attended in my life and I feel one black eyed peas concert is enough for a decade of living, not a lifetime. I can do with some destiny's child...

No comments: